Monday, March 10, 2008

Single Parenthood

The last couple of months have been quite an adventure. With Bob gone all week, I have gained a new appreciation for single parents. Some of my proudest moments in recent weeks include: serving Fruit Loops for dinner, wearing my sweater wrong side out to work, and letting Macy wear her pajamas to school. Indeed I have learned I can not do it all. On the flip side, Jack finally lost his second tooth and the tooth fairy remembered to leave him some money. He also made the Spelling Bee Team.... I guess I can help my children somehow....

As if Bob going through Peace Officer training and me working on my Master's degree isn't stress enough, we lost some great people in our family. In mid January Bob's grandma Alice passed away. I adored her from the first time I met her and she announced that she was going to be a professional ice skater when she grew up. This statement was nothing compared to the time she confided she had a cousin who was "50% lesbian" .... huh? Her wit will be missed. Then on Valentine's Day my sister-in-law Debbie shockingly died. She was a person I always looked up to and I am disappointed she won't be around to touch other lives. It is these sad moments that remind me to enjoy life.

Friday is the halfway point of Bob's training. He graduates on our 10th anniversary, May 30th. HOW ROMANTIC!!!! While I am counting down the days, I know in a strange way this experience has brought our family closer together Macy best sums up the Little Life with this expression.....Sanity is overrated

2 comments:

Ali and Ross said...

You, my dear have had quite the time of it lately... but I must say that I admire all that you are accomplishing while still keeping a sense of humor. I mean, c'mon... Froot Loops are DELICIOUS! And no one ever died from wearing their pajamas out in public... give me a few more weeks & I'll be doing the same! Macy is a very wise woman!!! Can't wait to take a shower with you on Saturday, or, er, something like that!

Gina Kleinworth said...

I am a firm believer that the kids really don't care what they eat for dinner if it has sugar in it. I often give them their regular, traditional lunch for dinner if we have eaten out for lunch. It's just easier after dragging 3 kids around Wal-Mart on a Sunday afternoon. We are so excited for Bob and can't wait for the next update. Think of you all often and can't wait to see you. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!