A group shot.. The Mickelson, Leddy, and Little families warming up after finding our trees.
Chris and Bob showing off their machismo.. Who can break their back first pulling a sled full of children?

The truth.. the ladies hang out at the fire pit while everybody else hunts for a tree in the cold. Kim, Lisa, and Danielle stand cozy by the fire.
BACK AT THE HOME FRONT...we decorate our tree!
Our Little Elf gets ready to help out
Maybe helping out isn't the correct wording. Standing right in the middle of the whole operation is more like it. This is one of those times when I realize I am acting like my parents. I kept reminding the kids to settle down.. get out of the boxes because we still have to get the lights on. I remember how much that wait sucked!!!
Finally, we all had our opportunity to weigh down the branches with as many ornaments as possible. Unlike other trees.. ours has no rhyme or reason and is simply filled with sentimental crap. Bob cringes when I put my beloved clothespin nutcracker on the tree. Hey- I made it in first grade and it is bordering on an antique. Furthermore, it is evidence that I have NO artistic talent in my body. BUT I love it anyway!!!
We hope you all are embracing your own family traditions this holiday season and have the opportunity to enjoy time with your loved ones too!!!




1 comment:
It's because we were all fighting to get to our favorite ornaments first!! Especially those "neat" little cars :) For many years we had also carried on that tradition of telling the kids to calm down and this year were true scrooges and decorated the tree while the kids slept - who knew you can actually get it done in about 20 min if you don't have the little feet under you. Saved our sanity too!
Post a Comment