Bob accomplished his goal of completing his law enforcement training. I apologize to all my friends and family who had to listen to my whining of single parenthood. Oddly, I have already developed a sort of amnesia and I believe I could go through that again if I had to... As for the the person who really put in all the hard work, Bob did well. He graduated with special recognition for his physical fitness and received the "Iron Officer" award. Beyond finishing his 21 week stay in beautiful Ione, he also turned forty. We had a great get-together at our house and he was really touched by all of our friends and family who came to celebrate with us. Between graduation and a birthday party, we also celebrated our ten year anniversary. Bob gave me a BEAUTIFUL new ring, reminding me he still has a bit of romantic spirit : )
Finally, on June 4th, our baby turned 3. Having sat with Macy in the NICU for six weeks watching her struggle in her first weeks of life, makes me fully appreciate this yearly milestones. She had a fun filled day and received the bicycle she had been asking for over the past several weeks. So with the terrible twos behind us, we prepare for the more challenging tremendous threes. She is developing her own opinions after all.
In the coming week, I will finish my master's program and vow to be done with school. I am looking forward to regaining my life! So there you have it, the exciting times in the Pines!!!
Jack at the Spelling Bee!
Bob's supervisor pins on his badge
We are so proud of him... I tease him about the hat. I call this look Smokey the Bear meets Smokey and the Bandit.
Although you would think this is a picture from Bob's party, it is actually the day after. A wonderful lady made him this beer can hat. He has yearned for this for a long time. Ummm. thanks Cindy??? He thinks it goes with everything! Actually, I think it would look great with his uniform. Perhaps this could be part of his undercover duds.
Like her daddy, Macy enjoys a good hat. I did not have the heart to tell her that her helmet was on backwards. She doesn't know if she is coming or going. She is a perfect fit in this family.
Macy trying out her new bike. The princess safety gear completes the look.






3 comments:
Yay Jack!!!! Yay Macy!!!! Yay Bob!!!! Yay Kim!!!! You have much to celebrate & be thankful for! I can't think of s more deserving family... we love you guys!!!!
Congrats you guys!!! We have been thinking about you all and everything you have had going on. Wish I would have known Macy wanted the princess safety set. Anya got the exact one for her 3rd birthday and her head out grew it before it really ever got use. So here it sits looking pretty with no one to wear it :)
What an exicting start to your summer- we are so happy for you guys. I was actually thinking Bob looked more like Hank Williams Sr than Smokey the Bear with that hat. I prefer the beer can hat though- I have always wondered what ever happend to those back from our better years. Can't wait to see you all soon.
What over achievers!!!! ;-) Congratulations to ALL of you for your various accomplishments. You've inspired me to read a book, clean a room, complete a puzzle..... well, maybe next week.
Post a Comment